The online racing simulator
Rate Your Driving.
(66 posts, started )
Big grin
I mean sometimes I can do a whole normal race with consistent laptimes etc, no mistakes. Other times I'm constantly making mistakes, laptimes all over the place.
Line: 3
Consitancy: 3
Racecraft: 1

Overall: 2.333..
Quote from sinbad :A high consistency rating isn't much use if your "line" rating is poor, not that, as Renku suggests, the right line is much use if you're still 5 seconds off the pace.

The reverse can be said too. A guy who is very quick wont win many races if he spins off the track once in every five laps.

Quote :I suggest replacing the first two categories with "Average Pace", and "Ultimate/Potential Pace" (this being how fast you are when you've done what you considered to be a really good lap), with the wr pace being the benchmark.

I did it this way. Lets take AS NAT using the GTR cars as an example; Lets say that a normal lap for me is a 1:44.90, a really good lap is 1:44.60 and a poor lap is a 1:45.30. Lets just say I run a 44.90 lap 60% of the time, run a 44.60 lap 10% of the time and run a 45.30 lap 30% of the time. I figure that averages out to a 1:45.0x lap. Compared to the guys I race against, I think that's only average. In figuring out these laps, I throw out things like being punted off the track and bad mistakes on my part that would throw me off the track. I'm purely looking at how fast my line is on an unmolested lap. I figure the consistancy score can take care of my bad mistakes.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
#29 - Gunn
I think that cornering technique is equally as important as line. This also encompasses braking and throttle skill (techniques, braking points, timing) which is also an area where many racers could improve their lap times, their line, their consistency and their racecraft.

On the subject of racecraft, I understand you have offered a general definition, but racecraft does not neccessarily mean finding your way to the front of the pack. All drivers, fast or slow, should be mindful of where they are in relation to other cars and be able to contest the race fairly and cleanly without making stupid decisions or actions. The ability to be overtaken cleanly by a faster car falls under the category of racecraft too, for example.
hi.

@ Operator0 - Good thread dude! Smile

Uh line....i dunno probably a twoish something or another. I don't know any of the new tracks enough to run a line that's effeicient enough to be satisfied with.
I.E. not fast enough. A 2

Consistancy? I don't understand that one. I consistantly get about the same lap times, until I find a better way... A 3(?)

Race craft... unless I'm around you operator0, i usually don't mess up too bad lol
I'm slow as molasses, but I take pride in the fact that I can usually skate through the first turn screw ups at aston nat. with ease so, I'd say a 5.
So add that up and divide by three... 3 1/3rd
Line: Like most people here, still 'relatively' in experienced with S2 tracks, that is compared with classics like Blackwood where i know every atom of the track....Big grin
So I say: 5

Consistency: Not very good, until I did a 3 hour enduro, taught me alot about rhythm and setting a nice pace, so maybe 7 (ofcourse does not apply whille learning configs)

Racecraft: 10 for the slower cars (XF,UF1000) and 2 for fast cars (GTR's), I am very good at passing, and also driving defensively, while at the same time not causing any danger or being unfair. But with the GTR's and the fact i use mouse, I find it hard when changing lanes, as the mouse is nowhere near as 'stable' as a wheel, meaning i usually start drifting left or right and yea, so overall for all cars i get 6 Big grin

Overall: 6 Big grin
definitely a 12/10 on everything!! lol!
Quote from operator0 :The reverse can be said too. A guy who is very quick wont win many races if he spins off the track once in every five laps.

Of course. Smile

I was just pointing out that the value of consistency depends entirely on how fast you are on average, and not neccessarily just on how close to your best time you get with each lap.
10/10 for consistency might win you races, but only if you're competitive speed-wise. Just as a good line is only of use if your end laptime is genuinely fast, and a good line does not automatically equal a fast time.
i can get 10/10 lines and 10/10 consistency with the pit limiter Big grin
I would rate myself about 4.5 for all categories, hence a 4.5 overall :P

Edit: - on more thought maybe Line - 3.5, cons. - 5.5, racecraft - 4.5
Line: 3
Consitancy: 8
Racecraft: 6

Overall: 5

I'm not fast, usually about 2 seconds a lap off pace, but my laps are consistant and I find I tend to do well in races.
Quote from Lola Popeye :i can get 10/10 lines and 10/10 consistency with the pit limiter Big grin

Would you rate Racecraft as a 0 then? Smile

Me, I can't really rate myself. It's better for someone else to rate you. But here goes.

Line: 7. A tough one. It takes me a long time to get my PB times to competitive levels. I think it is more a setup issue than line. I can pick up the line pretty quick and run it consistantly, but I stink at setups, so until I get a good one that suits me from someone the line doesn't help me at all. Once I get a setup to my liking, I start to be able to put the car anywhere I want and make it a good line. ex. in demo at Blackwood in the GTi. After 2 months of demo I finally reached the low 1:36's, but S2 was released just before I broke 1:35's. I considered low 1:36's pretty good back then. At that point I was able to put my car anywhere to make passes or avoid spins, etc. and still get a decent time. Until I do this though, I can run the perfect line, just not competitively.

Consistency: 3. I'll hit myself pretty good with this one. Again as above it takes me forever to get my times down to fairly fast status. This is not due to setup, it is due to my braking. I brake early, late, lockup, I just simply really stink at braking. It causes me a lot of spins or missed turn-ins giving me 5 second differences in laptimes in a 5-10 lapper. I can run a 2:00 at Aston Nat. one lap, and pop off a PB the next (which I'm stuck at a very low 1:47 at the moment). It wasn't until recently that I began to figure out braking without locking up. I always would set my brakes up to not lock at 100% braking. This leads to my inconsistency. Now I am working on using more braking force in the setup and trying to use 80, 70%, whatever is needed, on the pedal. The last few nights I've started to brake much later, much more forceful without locking up or missing turn-in points. I found myself actually slowing too much for a corner lately with a much later braking.

Racecraft: 3-7. I give this one a range. I start out with a low rating because I rarely race anyone. This meaning if I see you flying up behind me, I am more likely to just take the turn wide and let you by. If I am the faster one needing to pass, often I will wuss out as I get up beside someone unless I can just blast past. But on the other side, if you look at wrecking, beating and banging on others, etc. I do everything I can to race you clean. I use the pitspotter mod, which I think everyone should use, and think I could race the entire track 2 wide leaving you room if you would do the same for me (of course, not in the tight chicanes like the end of Aston or the Historic corkscrew).
Line: 8 -
Consitancy: 6.5
Racecraft: 8 -
Pace:8
Line: 7
Well, I know the line pretty well, the problem is my cornering skills (or trying so freakin hard to keep the car straight), my braking, corner exiting are pretty messy I can say, especially the rwd cars, I'm very used to oversteering so clearing a corner is not too hard, but its a matter of how fast I can clear that corner without sliding too much (hence losing speed), that's what I lack of.

Consistency: 5
Mediocre I'd say.

Race Craft: 3
I constantly finding myself avoiding other racers or giving way to them, my driving style is pretty conservative in terms of racing, I don't dare to push too hard if I'm capable of overtaking the car in front of me, one of the reason could be my lag issues too, if I stick too close, I might just blew my opponent away with the lag, which would be bad.

Average: 5.0
When Gunn mentioned cornering technique I thought that was pretty squarely exlplained as part of line in the rating system. So that's where I put that. Also, consistency is a tough one. On an empty track I can go 10th for 10th, lap after lap. But factor in nerves and the general confusion of trying to outwit, or avoid being outwitted, and the game changes. So racecraft certainly effects consistency to some extent. I'm going to rate my consistency on a clear track and adjust racecraft to reflect what I lose when in a pack.

Line: 6 No matter how hard I try, quick is just not in me.
Consitancy: 9.5 If it weren't *racing* I'd be doing pretty good.
Racecraft: 5 I am often ashamed when I leave servers. Let me say a global "Sorry" right here and now. I intend to change this. Have been as high as 8 at times.

Overall: 6.8
Line: 7 I can burn in a really good line and be glued to it and start nocking out fast laps.

Consistancy: 4 This is my sour spot, i'll run good on lap and on the next try to hard and completly screw up.

Racecraft: 6 I know when to let someone go and I always do, maybe not enough when im on the lead lap though, I usually go pretty hard if its for position, usuall a little to hard..but with my dial up i tend to try and stay a few feet away just in case

Overall 6 (rounded up cause the emu told me to) I feel I have really improved over time, and I feel that if i could get better connection i'd be able to race with the best of em
Ok so you've rated yourself and come up with an average score.... that's nice, but what does that exactly mean? Well once, you've added your scores and got your average rating, please scroll down on this post to realize what your average score means...........

1. That bad? It's amazing you can navigate to this
site
2. I bet your mom has to tie your shoes for you
3. You're a wrecker and should be banned
4. That's nice kid, now let the adults play now
5. OMFG you're as average as WHITE BREAD!
6. Gee, do you feel special being above average?
7. You'd probably do better if you quit wasting
time posting to forums
8. Yes, we're all jealous and really do talk bad about
you behind your back...please...
9. Dude! You really need to get out more.
10. A TEN? yeah right, now do the rating thing over
but try to be honest this time, ok?
i would say tristan is a 7 then Big grin
Everyone that replied to this is a 7 haha :P
Quote from DodgeRacer :Everyone that replied to this is a 7 haha :P

Nah, I'm at work. I do all my forum reading/posting at work since I can't race. That way I can work on my ratings at home and adjust them when I get back to work :-)
mm thats true, im at school, guesin the professor and other students might get a little wtf'y if i whiped out a steering wheel during the middle of lecture...speaking of that i should really listen to what he is saying..........

...hahhah
Quote from DodgeRacer :wtf'y

My new favorite word.
Line: 6
Consitancy: 1
Racecraft: 8

Overall: 5

I think that says it all about my driving Big grin
Line: 4
Consistency: 4
Racecraft: 2
------------
Overall 3.33
i rule!
Line: 10 - No matter where my car is, it's always on some line.

Consitency: 10 - every lap time is different, now that's consistent.

Racecraft: 10 - I've mangaged to turn every opponent car into a braking or cornering assist.

Rate Your Driving.
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG