The online racing simulator
Round 12 Pre-Race Discussion and Confirmations
Well, Round 12 pays a visit back to Aston North, this time the proper way 'round.

FRO hold a 6 point lead over SR, and mathematically, AirAttack is also in it at this point still. So an exciting battle to the team championship is still well and truly alive, even though the Driver's championship is locked to Hibex (assuming he doesn't do anything to LOSE points)

Race is 38 laps of AS7, to be held with qualifying of 25 minutes starting at 13:40 UTC on 18 October 2008.

Confirm your attendance here ! Talk about the race to the title here ! Talk about the race here ! (It helps me know what to expect, for sure.) I've copied the list from last week, and therefore, check it to make sure it's still correct or amend it as needed.

d

Nr Driver Name LFSName Team
3 Mike Leahy wOoOzZy AirAttack Racing
Not Announced Yet - Unfilled AirAttack Racing
7 Jeanot Naehring dislozierter 1stBFA Racing
8 Christian Barnick majorchrille 1stBFA Racing
10 J. Roby robyboby AMD Capsule Racing
Not Announced Yet - Unfilled AMD Capsule Racing
12 Kevin Juhasz Crazyy Traffic Cops Racing
13 Frank Levick thatguy Traffic Cops Racing
17 Taha El Alaoui evilpimp Sonicrealms Racing
18 Adam Wisniewski garfild12 Sonicrealms Racing
20 J. Gingras Elderado oneGP VIP
42 Kenneth O'Keefe racer hero oneGP VIP
55 Thilo Falkenberg TFalke55 oneGP VIP
87 Andreas Eriksson Hibex Formula Racing
88 Paul Taylor Tenmantaylor Formula Racing

I don't think i'll be there

I am only the backup driver, so i'll get Thatguy/F.Levick to post here in my place, as it will probably be F.Levick and K.Juhaz that race, unless K.J continues breaking his fingers :P

Thanks
#3 - Mazar
FRO will be there.

Hibex and Tenman.

If any changes they will let you know..lol

Best all, have a great race.

Maz
I will be present, most probably on my own again lol
I'm in
I'll be at the round 12 event in place of Davidos93. The race is on the 18th right?
Quote from thatguy :I'll be at the round 12 event in place of Davidos93. The race is on the 18th right?

Quote from dekojester :
Race is 38 laps of AS7, to be held with qualifying of 25 minutes starting at 13:40 UTC on 18 October 2008.

Quote from TFalke55 :Race is 38 laps of AS7, to be held with qualifying of 25 minutes starting at 13:40 UTC on 18 October 2008.

Sorry guess I'm just going blind.
Quote from Davidos93 :Maybe i'd better race?

lol, who was the one that was panicking they'd have to drive aston north and had to check I was definitely driving this round?
Consider myself in the race. AMB is taking a break from LFS for now. Roby, you're welcome to race for AA if you want.
-
(Dennisjr13) DELETED by Dennisjr13
I should be there, I'll let you know on Monday.

I've just recently broke my right index finger last monday playing soccer/football. 10 days later, I break my right pinky doing the same thing. Minor fractures, no big deal, but I got a splint. I'll take it off for the race.
Quote from Crazyy :I should be there, I'll let you know on Monday.

I've just recently broke my right index finger last monday playing soccer/football. 10 days later, I break my right pinky doing the same thing. Minor fractures, no big deal, but I got a splint. I'll take it off for the race.

lol. you might consider taking it easy next time you play football.
"easy"

^^ Not a word in many footballers vocabularies

I've got a massive bruise on my thigh. I play goalkeeper, so i land on it lots. Don't stop me now!
^_^

Back to race talk
Quote from Davidos93 :"easy"

^^ Not a word in many footballers vocabularies

I've got a massive bruise on my thigh. I play goalkeeper, so i land on it lots. Don't stop me now!
^_^

Back to race talk

Same as with most sports. Though if he doesn't take it easy now he may end up in a body cast in a few days and not be able to play at all!
-
(Dennisjr13) DELETED by Dennisjr13
I don't see it! I play American football, which seems more contact and injury provoking. Then I play European football/soccer and I break 2 fingers in 10 days (and dislocated my middle finger, left hand 6 months ago playing defense).. My Keeper season ended quickly.
Crazy, don't play american football, you get your knees and shin's broken (where do you play? I hope it ain't quarterback, you can't pass with broken fingers)

Compound Facture of Shin =

A) One helluva lot of pain
B) An end to your career
C) A busted sock where the bone has come out of your leg and ripped it

Cricket ftw lol
this reminds me of MTV scared

I have never had a sports injury, though I played flag football, good old rugby union, soccer, team handball, done skiing, done sledding and sumo wrestling (all in school). The most dangerous sport at school was basketball... who thought that it is contactless

the strange thing is, that I always get tackled by girls... when boys tackle me, they don't succeed
Quote from TFalke55 :
the strange thing is, that I always get tackled by girls... when boys tackle me, they don't succeed

This sounds so like an excuse... just can't figure out any use for it
Looking forward to it! Hopefully I can keep it on the island the right way round That said, the high speed sweep section is driven the wrong way in this config (I consider ASGP the proper track).
AS4 and 5 are good BF1 tracks, but both are over 8km long, and are quite challenging (that said, anything with the Aston Schicane in is )

AS Club in Formula cars is a nightmare :S
Quote from Davidos93 :
AS Club in Formula cars is a nightmare :S

don't say that, AS Club is perfect for FBM and FOX at least I'm loving that combo
Oops, i meant AS Cadet

(but AS Club is nice in FOX)
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by Fuse5
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Is it just me or is this track aston north damn hard to get a good time on? lol
Struggling so far, is in all the tight slow stuff where im definitely losing a lot of time, fast sweepers arent so bad and sitting pretty well through all that, but my qual pace is still miles off WR pace.

Also anyone done any long runs yet? if so, how is your suspension handling the downhill chicane?

same here... well in long runs, with the fitting set, it is quiet difficult (for me) to stay cool with the tyres. I am, in long runs, about 5-7 sec slower then world record... at least that is constantly. I'm using a LSD clutch pack... (I thought LSD is a drug, not a clutch ) and... in the corkscrew I've no problem... Turns 10 and 13 are my bigger problem...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG