The online racing simulator
Lol its a farewell party! Probably the last time Ill see him for a few years or if Im lucky enough to travel to New Zealand in the near future!
That'd be a nice little trip if you did. Now that you mention that, it makes me wanna visit Ireland, where my family decends from. Catch a football game and grab a few pints at the pub that shares the same name as my family lol. (the O'Leahy pub)
Lol. That'd be something. I'm gonna do some research in a bit sense I can't remember. Something funny to note is that my mom's family name was O'Sullivan, a more noble family above the O'Leahys. Funny that my mom and dad ended up together with that history.
As there's no pre-race thread for round 13 yet I'll post here.

I'm having a bit of setup trouble for WE1. The setup is possibley the most comfortable setup that I have made to date. It's steady under brakes with a little bit of oversteer on acceleration but not too much that I can't control it. My problem is that I seem to be losing a lot of speed on the highspeed sections. I'm only able to run a 1.11.3x on it currently. Normaly I'd think it's my driving lines but when I did a test drive on the WR set I had much higher speeds and I beat my second split alone by 6 tenths and the lap wasn't even that great.

The only thing I can think of is it's my camber and/or toe settings that are slowing me down. I set my camber based on race settings and mainly for tire wear. My toe settings are +1 front/+2 rear. My df is 14/28. My TC is at 4.2/5sec and my LSD power% is at 30.
All to the FRO 1GP server XD

Erm, Wooz, keep your foot to the floor from the last corner to the "slower chicane"
Wooz, you should try 0 toe settings to get best top speeds. If this makes the rear too unstable on power lower your diff power setting until the car feels more stable on exit again.

To a degree I wouldnt worry about chasing split 1 and 2 times once youve reached a limit. Its worth losing a tenth or two in these flatout sectors to make the car perfectly drivable on the limit in the slow chicane and last turn. These are the only places to really make time driving the car, the rest is setup dependant.

Tweaking my diff and TC settings I found 0.5 in slow chic and last turn alone last night with roby. Banged in a 10.4. Roby should be doing those soon, we had the same setup!
I use a mouse though! Just got a 10.8
Quote from robybobey :I use a mouse though! Just got a 10.8

Haha cool! Take it you nailed the last turn like I said last night?
Quote from tenmantaylor :Haha cool! Take it you nailed the last turn like I said last night?

Lol I tried to but i'm still losing LOADS of time there. I just turned my brakes up to 1300nm meaning I could brake later but still not lock up
Cool. I'll try the toe settings when I get a chance. For race it'll be better to have a more drivable set but for qual I don't feel like losing 6 tenths in a split where all that's required is to keep your foot to the floor.

Well, I lost my job due to the economy so looks like I'll have a bit more time to practice now. Watch out.
Quote from wOoOzZy :Well, I lost my job due to the economy so looks like I'll have a bit more time to practice now. Watch out.

Way to be positive
That's my middle name lol
Quote from wOoOzZy :That's my middle name lol

Wooz, off topic but we need to sort a set out for 16hr race.

One which ISN'T oversteery *cough* timo *cough* :P:P:P
In what class are you guys racing? GT1 if I remember correctly when I saw Roby?
Yeah. It's GT1.

And for my set problems. I messed with everything (tried toe first) to correct this and there has been no change. I went and test drove the wr set again to make sure it wasn't my driving and broke my pb again on a crappy lap.

The wr set is a bit more oversteery than mine but not by much. And it kicks out a lot when downshifting to 3rd at low speeds but that shouldn't affect speed right?
Any idea of when the race results will be official this round? You gave us provisional results just wondering if that's what they are or not.
I'm guessing he's still investigating some things heh.
Quote from thatguy :Any idea of when the race results will be official this round? You gave us provisional results just wondering if that's what they are or not.

Still waiting for another 24h on reviews from the people I send to (regulars to the admin side). If I don't have those by then, I'll make my decision and make the results official, and update points.

Also, to be fair to all parties involved, I will examine all pistops and levy penalties for rule violations. Since I don't alwyas get to watch all the pitstops all the way, I often revert to this. It's hard to watch stops when you're SCing, right ?

d
Quote from wOoOzZy :Yeah. It's GT1.

And for my set problems. I messed with everything (tried toe first) to correct this and there has been no change. I went and test drove the wr set again to make sure it wasn't my driving and broke my pb again on a crappy lap.

The wr set is a bit more oversteery than mine but not by much. And it kicks out a lot when downshifting to 3rd at low speeds but that shouldn't affect speed right?

You should only downshift to 3rd at 2 corners at ky3, i've never experienced it kicking out, but i make sure i downshift before i turn in - just to make sure....
I do only downshift to 3rd for 2 corners. And I also downshift before I turn in =P. My problem isn't my driving, it's my set. But I might have figured out the source of the problem. After some suspension tweaking I managed to get a mph or 2 through some of the turns. Still missing a few mph though. But I'll figure it out.
Quote from wOoOzZy :I do only downshift to 3rd for 2 corners. And I also downshift before I turn in =P. My problem isn't my driving, it's my set. But I might have figured out the source of the problem. After some suspension tweaking I managed to get a mph or 2 through some of the turns. Still missing a few mph though. But I'll figure it out.

But don't forget, we all have to use the same set in the race, so it has to work for all of us

The KY3R set feels good IMO, Timo agrees.....
Oh no dude lol. I was talking about BF1 not FXR =P.
Quote from wOoOzZy :Oh no dude lol. I was talking about BF1 not FXR =P.

lmao woops :P right now we're talking :P
Official Results and Points updates coming within 18 hours or so.

Along with protest results.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG