The online racing simulator
oneGP 2009 : Announcement Concerning My Future Involvement
Dear oneGP and LFS Community:

I regret to inform you of this, but I have come to this decision, not lightly, but after some serious thought. I have decided to discontinue my involvement with the oneGP F1 World Series, effective immediately. My reasons for doing this are mostly due to conflicts of interest, and personal reasons. I especially regret this as we had a decent test event on my view, and are in the final month before the start of the season.

I am transferring control of oneGP to Mazar (Mark Bos) who has indicated to me that he has some plans in the works.

If you have further questions or comments for me, please feel free to send me a PM.

I wish you all the best of luck with oneGP and other events you participate in, and hope to see you all in the future in other events I run.

Sincerely,
Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer
well that's heavy, came for me out of nowhere... but it does not mean that the NDR engagement won't be continued?! Some other stuff is also unclear to me at the moment... Live-Stream and commentary to get it to a point...
#3 - Mazar
Dear Deko,

oneGP group would like to thank you for your efforts in helping to keep the series going in 2008 and for the efforts for 2009.

Best regards, as always,
Maz
Quote from Mazar :Dear Deko,

oneGP group would like to thank you for your efforts in helping to keep the series going in 2008 and for the efforts for 2009.

Best regards, as always,
Maz

Hi Maz,
Do you care to share some of your thought's with us as to what's happening with 2009?
#5 - Mazar
Hi Pete,

Well 'oneGP group' will make official announcements very soon.

Some restructuring needs to be done. Silver Arrows, the founder will continue to be involved and will be honorary president of the oneGP Group. Other positions, such as race admin, media control, etc will be announced shortly.

One key thing. There is a Sponsor found for the series.

This will mean a prize fund is to implemented. This will be approx 1'000 Euros for the top 3 drivers in the series. Also, there will be a team prize fund of approx 1'000 Euros for the winning team(s).

There will be other prizes too and in addition there will be real Trophies for the Driver's title and Team's Title winners.

We hope to announce in the next few days details of the live streaming package and commentators. They are pro's and have proven expertise in this realm.

oneGP will also have a team owners association with a seat on the board, which will allow the teams to contribute in all decision making processes in the future.

More details will follow soon Pete.

Best regards, Maz
Cheers for the info, I look forward to hearing the updates
Fairly unexpected news but thanks a lot deko for the contributions you've made over the last several months. Without your help I'm not sure oneGP would've continued.

And now the torch is passed to Maz, who I wish the best of luck to in furthering oneGP's success.
Ah, bang goes my chances of commentating

And by 1000 euro's prize fund, is that real money?

And best of luck with everything Deko, thanks for being so helpful when TC-R first joined last year
May I ask who the sponsor is?
Maz's mom?
Quote :May I ask who the sponsor is?

That will be announced here and on the new oneGP site on Monday the 23rd of February.

Best, Maz
Quote from hyntty :Maz's mom?

lol

And yes David. Though I can't say officially that it is, I imagine it's real money.
Quote from wOoOzZy :lol

And yes David. Though I can't say officially that it is, I imagine it's real money.

Well it's not as if the winner will receive monopoly money :P
TBH its hard to believe 2000 euros spent on virtual championship
Quote from TexasLTU :TBH its hard to believe 2000 euros spent on virtual championship

YOU BETTER WIN KLADAS!!!! AND ALL FUNDS GOES TOWARDS THE OWNERS (AS ALWAYS) OF ERT
That's a good way of motivating him, for sure!
Quote from pacesetter :YOU BETTER WIN KLADAS!!!! AND ALL FUNDS GOES TOWARDS THE OWNERS (AS ALWAYS) OF ERT

O..O..kk...Okkkeyy.... *scared voice*
It really is good motivation for people to practice more and in turn should increase the quality of the races. And it'll make people enjoy crashes less (not that they enjoyed them before) which should make for safer drivers.
Wow 1000 euros, hopefully this will get some more teams to apply this year.
Wow... deko's thunder was kind of stolen by the announcement of the monies!
Quote from wOoOzZy :It really is good motivation for people to practice more and in turn should increase the quality of the races. And it'll make people enjoy crashes less (not that they enjoyed them before) which should make for safer drivers.

Or it will take any sporting element that exists in the drivers away and they'll all start making ridiculous dive-bomb attacks
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Or it will take any sporting element that exists in the drivers away and they'll all start making ridiculous dive-bomb attacks

I'd hope that the drivers would be more mature than that.
I'm 100% sure that real prize money being involved is going to make the racing much worse/dirtier.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm 100% sure that real prize money being involved is going to make the racing much worse/dirtier.

At least that will bring more people on this league. Last year they had only 7-8-9 drivers every races... The record was 4 IIRC, on BL1r

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG