The online racing simulator
DFP Mods?
(8 posts, started )
DFP Mods?
Ill be getting a DFP in about 3 weeks time, due to the massive price drop with the release of the G25.

I was just wondering, what mods can be done to this wheel? ive never actually owned a wheel before, but the price temptation is overwhelmed me into getting one, so i have no idea what to expect and what to do.

Cheers
DFP is good to go from the box, but I have a feeling you'll be doing a lot of 'modding' with the pedals after a while, as they aren't the brightest star in Logitech's product history what comes to reliability...
You can mod the DFP quite extensively if you choose to, either via aftermarket bits from FREX or a bit of DIY.

For the pedals, try sticking a bit of dense foam under the brake pedal. Makes it noticably firmer. If you get spiking issues with them (like not reporting full throttle, or having it jump between 0-10%) have it all apart, secure it in as good as you can, and coat moving bits in a teflon grease. Didn't have mine apart ever again after doing that.

For the actual wheel..its easy to fit a real car steering wheel to, and you can also fit a better sequential gearknob to it if you want..2 min job if you have one floating about.
Hum, thats good. i remeber seeing this site that had a few mods for the DFP, anyone have it?

On terms on mods, i was thinking more of a H Shifter (Or atleast the shifter on the left side).
Could get some black touch up paint to cover up those ghastly PlayStation buttons.
#6 - SatCP
Quote from djgizmo68 :Hum, thats good. i remeber seeing this site that had a few mods for the DFP, anyone have it?

I'm not sure, but there are several pages about how to fix broken Logitech pedals. Maybe that's what you meant?

[update] I completely forgot about the FREX hardware.
Quote :On terms on mods, i was thinking more of a H Shifter (Or atleast the shifter on the left side).

You can forget about an H-shifter using the DFP hardware. The shifter is nothing but a rocker between two switches. You are better of starting from scratch than to rebuilt this into an H shifter. Apart from that there isn't enough room for an H-shifter in that part of the housing. And even if you could squeeze it in, it'd be in an unnatural position for an H-shifter. besides, you'd have to give up 5 to 6 buttons on the wheel, because you need them for the shifter in a addition to the two already existing shifter switches. You could use a cheap/old gamepad though.

If you really want an H-shifter, get your hands on an Act Labs GPL shifter. Although it has a bit slower throws, it has a way better overall feel than the Logitech G25's shifter. Since Live For Speed can recognize (at least) 2 controllers, you should be able to use both (DFP + GPL Shifter) at the same time.
Quote from djgizmo68 :Hum, thats good. i remeber seeing this site that had a few mods for the DFP, anyone have it?

http://www.frex.com/gp
I have the wheel adapter with a flat bottom Sparco wheel and i also have an extra set of buttons so i can still use it with the PS2. The wheel adapter you get only comes with 6 buttons, so thats why its difficult to use with the PS2.
I would recommend FREX to anyone. Shipping to Ireland took about 2 weeks for the adapter.
They also do some cool shifter mods but i use the padles that come with the wheel adapter because they are nice big aluminum ones

DFP Mods?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG