The online racing simulator
Axis clutch & H Shifters
(29 posts, started )
Obviously, someone with a shifter and manual clutch is slower on braking points and that is because your right foot has to be lifted off completely from the accelerator and press the brake pedal while in auto clutch the brake pedal can be pressed with your left foot while your right foot is still pressing the throttle. That's about one tenth in each braking required corner and let's say the track has five of them so you are already half a second behind. That does not apply when you use auto clutch and h-pattern shifter imo. Anyway, I even find auto clutch as a disadvantage when button clutch comes into play, for example pecholobo's hotlaps. Shifting with a button clutch gives you about two tenths on a straightaway compared to an auto clutch and better stability/control of the car at some corners (the last one is my opinion).
What, theres a button clutch as well? And this is quicker than autoclutch?

Jeez, sometimes the less I know the better

I just can't use the shifter with autoclutch, it feels oh so wrong

I'm off to check these WR's with button clutch when I get home. If it truly is as quick as you say, it should be removed imo.
Its not the Hotlaptime its the Race totaltime that let me thinking about this option. +0.10 in one lap are 2 secounds in 20 Laps.
But you must drive like Hell and without any mistakes during you have two times more to work.
Noramly i lost a half secound and on long tracks 2 secounds.
0.5sec X 20Laps = 10 sec
2 Sec x 20Laps = 40 sec
-without misshifts-
here is a little test of Lfs Lapper cfg. i config.

It works with
Keyboard disable
Mouse disable
Wheel needed
Axis clutch is needed
H-Shifter is needed
Swapside is needed
Custom view possible ( because i think nobody with wheel & clutch & h-shifter play from outside but maybee some people from front of the car or so)

But i have a problem with it !
It works but Lapper control the Settings only when i leave the Pit not durring the Race. Its possible to change the driving mode durring Race .

Anybody now how i can calibrate Lfs Lapper that check every 10 secound or every minute the Driving mode ?

Thx
Attached files
lappercfg.rar - 7.8 KB - 84 views
Quote from HVS5b :What, theres a button clutch as well? And this is quicker than autoclutch?

Jeez, sometimes the less I know the better

I just can't use the shifter with autoclutch, it feels oh so wrong

I'm off to check these WR's with button clutch when I get home. If it truly is as quick as you say, it should be removed imo.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=39818 check post #16 here . And yes, I agree that auto clutch with shifter is weird.

Axis clutch & H Shifters
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG